THE KC VISION FOR EDUCATION
Education that is focused upon the needs of each individual, developing inquiring and knowledgeable people who understand how to lead happy and fulfilling lives as compassionate members of a global community, with the skills to play active roles in an inclusive and sustainable future.
At the Junior school we aim:
For every child, every day, to be excited to come to and stay in our school,
and when they leave, look forward to tomorrow.
The aims of Kent College are to:
- Be a caring Christian family community committed to the development of the full potential of each individual;
- Maintain high educational standards in all academic, cultural and sporting activities, stimulating high excitement in learning and requiring discipline in study whatever the ability of the child;
- Work with and in the communities it serves;
- Worship as Christians in the Methodist tradition and uphold Christian values in practice as well as in theory, whilst welcoming members of other faiths (and none) in a spirit of openness and tolerance; and to make religious education a strong feature of the curriculum;
- Encourage pupils in a critical examination of the standards and values current in society and to discover and develop a personal faith and spiritual values to guide them through their lives.
KC Junior guides and educates children to be Kind, Open, Responsible and Respectful citizens who learn through being Adventurous, Inquisitive and Reflective.
Journey to the Senior School
Kindness, Openness and Respect form our underlying shared values that continue through to the Senior School. Five additional values are introduced as the children move into the senior school to further develop individuals.
As children mature and develop emotionally, Ambition is cultivated but is balanced with Humility and Acting Justly. Each pupil’s Curiosity develops as they move through key stages 3, 4 and 5 before embarking on further education and the world of work where criticality is integral. Given the challenges for children through their teenage years, developing Resilience becomes an essential support value that enables every child to succeed.
Have a question?
If you would like to discuss details of your childs care with us, send us a message & we will gladly answer all your questions.